Conduct of Business
Meeting of the Board – The Board shall meet at such time and place and very meeting of the Board shall be summoned in such manner as may be provided for by regulations.
Provided that until such regulations are made, it shall be lawful for the Chairman to summon a meeting of the Board at such time and place as he may deem expedient by circulating notice to each member.
Procedure at meetings of Board –
(1) Every meeting shall be presided over by the Chairman or in his absence by the Vice-Chairman.
(2) If at a meeting neither the Chairman nor the Vice-Chairman is present, the members present shall elect one of the members present to be the Chairman of the meeting and such Chairman shall perform all the duties and may exercise all the power of the Chairman of the Board when presiding at the meeting.
(3) All questions at a meeting of the Board shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and voting.
(4)In case of an equality of votes, the chairman of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(5) In order to constitute a meeting of the Board, the quorum shall be four.
The minute book and resolutions –
(1) The names of the members present and the proceedings held and resolutions passed at a meeting of the Board shall be entered in a book to be called the minute book.
(2) The minutes shall be read out at the meeting, or the next ensuing meeting, and after being passed as correct by the members (or a majority of them) present at the meeting, shall be certified as passed by the signature of the Chairman of the meeting at which they are passed.
(3) A copy of the proceedings of every meeting of the Board shall, within 15 days from the date of the meeting, be forwarded to the State Government or any other authority appointed by it in this behalf.
Validity of proceedings –
(1) No vacancy in the Board shall vitiate act or proceeding of the Board.
(2) No disqualification of, or defect in the election or nomination of, any person acting as a member of the Board or as the Chairman or Vice-Chairman or presiding authority at a meeting shall be reemed to vitiate any act or proceeding of the Board in which such person has taken part, if the majority of persons who took part in such act or proceedings were duly qualified.